Weekend in bullets:
- Saturday went and had a very pleasant lunch in London with 3 of my M.Sc. chums from way back when.
- After lunch, I zoomed to Marylebone High St and secured a new bottle of Fresh's soy shampoo, which I bought last time I was in Boston and am completely addicted to. Fresh has about 5 branches; it sells terribly expensive smelly things, but OMG everything it sells has the most mouthwatering scent. I grabbed the shampoo, completely relieved that they hadn't gone out of business cos of the credit crunch. I may then, er, have bought a few more things.
- Went across the road to Aveda OMFG and bought a teeny bottle of Smooth Infusions which is a very wonderful leave-in conditioner. My hair is perkier than it has been in weeks, even if I do need a second mortgage to pay for the product.
- Pottered into Skandium and didn't buy anything. Ha! Mai willpowa, I showz you it.
Salesman: 'Can I help you with anything, madam?'
Me, wistfully: 'I'd like everything in the shop shipped to my home please.'
Salesman, smoothly, 'Well, we can arrange that quite easily, madam...'
- ...blah blah Saturday night, Sunday...
- Today went with Little E and her best friend Evil Little M and little M's parents to nearby stately home, in the freezing bloody cold. The entire day was like being stuck in M&S's food section down by the yoghurts without a proper coat. I shall gloss over the day itself. We survived. We queued for about a hundred years for indifferent English Heritage food. We saw stuffed animals. We ate stuffed potatoes. We talked to people who were pretending to be 19th century cooks. No one was thrown out of the stately home, although it was not for want of trying.
- Came back and ate pie with P. while watching Primeval. LOL. I explained the plot of Coraline to him: the distant, useless, computer-loving parents (P: 'So, not related to my life in any way?'), the evil mother with the button eye, etc etc and then P. said, 'So, basically like Saw 5 but for toddlers?'
Which pretty much covers it.